Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Whether it is a simple fender bender or a serious accident, being involved in a car collision is never an easy thing to deal with. Thoughts are racing and emotions are raging. The first thing you should do following a car accident is to take a number of long, deep breaths until you calm down somewhat and your heart stops racing as fast. It is pointless to try to deal with a serious situation when your mind is not in the right place. Being as calm as is possible at the time will help ease an awful event and allow you to make the right decisions following the accident.
After you have calmed yourself down, proceed with the following steps:
- Check to see if you are hurt.
- Check to see if any passengers have been injured and encourage them to stay calm as well.
- Go to the other car that was involved in the collision and check to see if anyone in the vehicle was injured and may need medical attention.
- Once you are sure that no one is injured and in need of help, call the police.
- After you call the police, exchange information with the driver of the other car such as insurance, driver’s license, address and phone number, etc.
Contact a Green Bay Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in an automobile accident caused by another party’s negligence, then you may have the right to recover compensation for your losses. Contact the Green Bay car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874 to speak with an attorney about your legal rights and options.