Preparing for Your Court Appearance
Many people do not associate car accidents with court appearances, but if the accident was caused by a reckless driver, the victim may choose to sue for damages. If the lawsuit cannot be handled between the two parties, there is a chance the case could reach court, and the involved parties should know how to present themselves. In order to increase your chance for success, you need to dress and act in a professional manner.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a car accident because of a negligent driver, you need to hold him or her accountable. You may be eligible for financial compensation to pay for car repairs and medical expenses. For more information, contact the Green Bay car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874.
How to Act and Dress in Court
From the moment you step into the courtroom until you leave, you should treat everyone you see with respect. Be sure to arrive early to your court appearance and be prepared. Some helpful tips include:
- Dress appropriately. Men should wear a tie and collared shirt, and women should wear a conservative skirt or dress.
- Be sure you are clean and well-groomed. Men should trim their facial hair and fingernails.
- Avoid chewing gum or tobacco.
- Do not ever bring your cell phone or any food or drink.
- Be honest and truthful when answering questions, addressing the judge as “Your Honor”.
Remember you are a guest in the courtroom and you should always act respectful.
Let us represent you in your car accident case. Contact the experienced Green Bay car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874 to speak with a qualified legal professional.