Improperly Securing Items in Trucks
From moving pieces of furniture like a bed frame or chest of drawers to delivering thousands of pounds of goods to department stores around the nation, pickup trucks or 18-wheelers are constantly used to haul cargo from one place to another. This form of delivery is very efficient but it can also be dangerous when drivers act irresponsibly. In order to safely deliver these goods, trucks have to adequately secure their cargo with tie downs to prevent objects from shifting and falling out during transit.
When drivers fail to properly secure cargo, they are putting innocent lives at risk. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a negligent driver, you need a legal professional to help you fight for financial compensation. Contact the Green Bay car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874 to discuss your legal options.
- Disperse the heavy cargo throughout the load to keep it even
- Use tie downs that aren’t damaged or worn out
- Ensure that the tie downs that are used are of a sufficiently strong material for the load in question
- Secure all heavy or large items
If you are driving an automobile alongside or behind a loaded truck or 18-wheeler, you may be able to avoid being struck by falling cargo if you do the following:
- Maintain a safe distance behind these vehicles so you can avoid falling objects
- If you see objects that may fall out, try to warn the driver
Let the Green Bay car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. help you fight for the financial compensation you need if you have been harmed or suffered vehicle damage due to a truck driver’s failure to secure cargo. Contact us today at 800-242-2874 and discuss your legal options.