Driving at Night
Driving at night can be a challenge. In the darkness, our depth perception weakens, making it more difficult to navigate a vehicle. This condition holds equally true in both urban areas where an abundance of lights can be visually chaotic, as well as rural ones where more intense darkness detracts from a person’s ability to see the road. It is the responsibility of every driver to take action to protect the safety of everyone on the road at night.
Those who endanger others’ safety through recklessness or for the sake of a thrill should not be allowed to escape the consequences of their actions. The Green Bay car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. are committed to bringing careless drivers to justice. If you have been injured in a car accident for which you were not at fault, contact us at 800-242-2874 to discuss your legal options.
Safety Tips for Driving at Night
Although you cannot control how others operate their vehicles, you can take steps to bolster the safety of your own nighttime driving. Below are some helpful tips on navigating the darkness:
- Prior to driving, inspect your car. Make sure headlights, taillights, and signal lights are clean, properly aimed, and in working order.
- Reduce your speed.
- Follow the vehicle in front of you from a greater distance than during the day.
- Set your headlights to the low beam setting so they do not blind other drivers.
- Stay awake and alert! Avoid staring at oncoming headlights, and do not fix your gaze on only one spot of road.
- No one should have to absorb the potentially crippling financial repercussions of a collision they did not cause.
The Green Bay car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. have years of experience in car accident litigation. If you have suffered losses due to the recklessness of another driver, we may be able to help you attain financial compensation. For more information, call us at 800-242-2874.